Friday 10 April 2009

DD is an acronym for what?

Recently, a few readers have complained that I do not express my opinion within this Blog.
My response is that the purpose of the Blog is to make international viewers more aware of what is happening in the Middle East, through news articles, which have been written by professional journalists, not a journeyman, such as myself.
This is not a social commentary blog, far better people, than I, can be found in that sphere.
Recently many journalists have reported on the "Dark side of Dubai", so taking the acronym of "DD" what has happened this week?
Dubai Disclosure
Sheikh Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai, has this week set the benchmark for all Dubaians to follow, when it comes to Dubai Disclosure. He is quoted as saying he is the person "responsible", so will those responsible for this fiasco act responsibly?
I have read no article pointing out the irony of Sheikh Mohammed's situation vis a vis Princess Haya! Surely a journalist is out there, worth his salt, or will this be Private Eye material?
More Dubai Disclosure came from WAM, the UAE Government's Official Press Agency, yet this was ignored by all radio business programmes, on the day the story broke and the morning after!
Well that is it for my first effort, if you wish to comment please do, but preferably without "anonymous" as your moniker.
Whatever, I will leave all comments posted, with no moderation on my part.
Have a peaceful Easter weekend. Rupert

2 comments:

  1. Please bear with me as I get to grips with how to create a personalised blog item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL
    I am sure there is a way to left justify the item somewhere on Blogger!

    ReplyDelete