Tuesday 28 April 2009

Judge denies bail to Deyaar's ex-CEO and two suspects

A court has rejected a bail request which Deyaar's former chief executive made yesterday following 14 months in detention during which time he claims he suffered heart disease.

"Your honour. Today [Monday] I have been brought to court from hospital after three months of treatment. I have been detained for nearly 14 months now during which time I encountered heart disease& I pledge you to grant me bail so I can recover," said the 43-year-old American ex-CEO, Z.S., who was in a neck brace when he pleaded not guilty to alleged corruption and fraud charges before the Dubai Misdemeanours Court.

Z.S. said the time he spent in detention has made his family suffer and he has incurred damage to his health and suffered financial harm when he addressed Presiding Judge Rifaat Mahmoud Tulba Othman.

No comments:

Post a Comment