Friday 27 November 2009

The Hajj and Eid al-Adha (Pictures taken from Haj 2008)

Eid Mubarak to all my subscribers and readers.


Today I woke to the sound of prayers taking place at Mosques within the area I live, in Dubai; wherever there is a Mosque this will be repeated until the sun has risen on the whole Western Hemisphere!

Now, at my early morning coffee shop, there are many individuals dressed in their smartest clothes and all with a smile on their face.

As a Christian I remain, after all these years in the Middle East, amazed at the level of Faith shown by so many people and from all stratas of society, long may it continue and not become diluted as appears to be the case with the Christian faith.

Long may it continue and hopefully the article images will help with the understanding of a religion, Islam, which at times is associated with the more unsavoury aspects of the human spirit.

Eid mubarak,
Rupert

No comments:

Post a Comment