Wednesday 2 January 2013

My predictions for the year - via an informed hunch - The National

The "undercover economist" Tim Harford recently wrote: "The wonderful thing about a forecast is that both the forecaster and his audience feel that something profound has been expressed."

He was discussing the eruption of New Year forecasts coming in every direction, but especially in economics and finance. Everybody, it seems, is taking a stab at the level of the S&P 500, or the price of gold, or the dollar/euro rate at the end of December.

Now, I'm no economist, but I cannot resist the urge to peer into the crystal ball at least once a year.

So here, from my training in the "informed hunch, journalist gut-instinct" school of forecasting, are four predictions for 2013.
My predictions for the year - via an informed hunch - The National

No comments:

Post a Comment