Wednesday 3 July 2013

An expanding economy should keep Dubai healthy - The National

"I still have on my phone a picture of the front page of Britain's Daily Mail from late November 2009, soon after Dubai World announced its intention to restructure US$25 billion of debt. It screamed loudly and aggressively: "Bye bye Dubai."

I look at the image whenever I want to remind myself of two things: the stupidity of some sections of the British press, and the ability of Dubai to overcome adversity.

Of course Dubai didn't fade away back then. In fact, given the fundamental financial strength of the UAE, there was never a real possibility of that. As is often the case, the headline writers of Fleet Street went for a cheap rhyme rather than a statement of fact."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment