Sunday 18 August 2013

Qatar takes over the world - Aug. 15, 2013

Qatar takes over the world - Aug. 15, 2013:

"
As I stepped out of the car on my first full day in Qatar, the 120-degree heat made me feel as if someone had suctioned the oxygen out of my lungs, then pressed down on my chest.
But through the front door of a small building lay another world: a cool, dark screening room in which no ambition for this tiny country seemed too big, improbable, fanciful -- or expensive. As I sank into an armchair, an ice-cold soda in my hand, a 3-D surround-sound video sprang to life from 34 projectors on a three-sided screen, showing the Qatar of the near future. Arab nomads in white robes rode camels over the sand dunes before melting into a cityscape of high-rise towers, air-conditioned soccer stadiums, vast airport terminals, and spotless high-speed electric trains. "It will be spectacular ... unlike anything seen," the narrator cooed as two words fluttered across the screen: "Expect Amazing.""

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment