Sunday 22 September 2013

British Business Club in Ukraine: YOU can because you are a foreigner.

British Business Club in Ukraine: YOU can because you are a foreigner.:

"Anyone who has ever tried to use a bank in Ukraine to send money to another country will know the automatic barriers that you encounter from bank staff and the ‘system’.

Recently I needed to send some money (privately and not business related) to the UK. I was lucky to be provided with all the details of the account including full name, address of the bank, the IBAN of the account, the branch sort code etc. but I did not have the SWIFT code of the bank. Within the EU we use the IBAN for all transactions to make life easier, but here in Ukraine an IBAN is not recognised. I knew this already and thought I would ask the bank to find the SWIFT code."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment