Friday 20 September 2013

Dubai: Region’s Gold Capital - OpEd Eurasia Review

Dubai: Region’s Gold Capital - OpEd Eurasia Review:

"I have written about Dubai during the past few years both in English and Arabic. But each time I visit the city I find something new and attractive to write on.

The first thing that drew my attention as I reached the arrival lounge of the airport last week was the presence of hundreds of people at different counters. Some awaiting the issuance of visas. This particularly happens when a large number of passengers from the subcontinent arrive here forcing authorities to open special counters to handle them. With so many people thronging the counters one fears there would be endless delays that one will have to cope with patiently until his/her turn comes.

But as soon as we joined the queue I heaved a sigh of relief as I saw nearly 40 manned counters catering to the deluge of passengers with lightning speed that reminded me of Tokyo and London airports, which increase the number of counters whenever the need arises."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment