Monday 29 August 2016

A portrait of the UAE, as seen through bank data | The National

A portrait of the UAE, as seen through bank data | The National:

"The news on the economy continues to be grim. I went searching for data to help us understand what is going on. I was surprised at what I found. You’ll have to read the article to find out if the surprise was pleasant or not.

In the absence of a team of research analysts to mine the data that I need (free marketing anyone?) I needed to use what is available. One of the best sources of aggregate economic information is provided by the Central Bank of the UAE, available for free on its website.


As a start I took a look at its monthly statistical bulletin for June this year, which it notes is preliminary. I decided to look at some of the more often repeated mantras and see if the data matched. Looking at what is happening with the banks should give us a good idea at what is happening generally."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment