Wednesday 12 August 2009

HSBC UAE lays off 90 workers

British-headquartered HSBC UAE fired 90 middle management and junior workers, Emirates Business 24/7 reported on Wednesday.

Those terminated will receive six months' salary in a severance package, the news site said, citing sources.

Bank human resources chief Joel M Farnworth, blamed the "challenging" economic environment of Gulf banks for the job cuts among its 4,000 regional employees.

"A strong, well capitalised and profitable bank like HSBC can stay open for business, respond to the changing needs of its customers and continue to serve them even when times are tough," he told Emirates Business.

"There are difficult decisions that have to be made as we adapt to a new environment, and ensure we are positioned for the future," he added. "We deeply regret that these have led to a relatively small number of redundancies."END

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Susan

    http://projectgrant.info

    ReplyDelete