Wednesday 21 September 2016

What did we learn following the Lehman Brothers collapse? | The National

What did we learn following the Lehman Brothers collapse? | The National:

"A little over eight years ago, I sat in a Dubai radio studio as news of the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers came across the wires. I broadcast at the time that we were witnessing "the financial equivalent of 9/11", alluding to the terrorist attacks on New York of 2001 that in a few hours changed the world beyond recognition.

I remember I got a lot of stick after that broadcast. I was being alarmist, sensationalising a relatively minor event at an American bank that not many people outside the rarefied world of high finance had even heard of before that day. In short, I was a scaremonger looking to boost the station’s audience.


With eight years’ hindsight, I think I deserved some criticism. But not for exaggerating."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment