Thursday 13 May 2021

BR Shetty vows again to overturn travel ban and return to #UAE to 'clear my name' | The National

BR Shetty vows again to overturn travel ban and return to UAE to 'clear my name' | The National

Bavagauthu Raghuram Shetty, the founder of NMC Health and payments group Finablr, said he still intends to return to the UAE to clear his name despite a court in India upholding a ruling this week preventing him from leaving the country.

Mr Shetty, who was originally stopped from boarding a flight to Abu Dhabi from Bengaluru airport in November last year, had appealed against a ruling in February that banned him from leaving the country. However, the initial verdict was upheld. The businessman intends to appeal to the Supreme Court to have this overturned.

“My reaction is only to appeal again to the court to see that I come to the UAE, Abu Dhabi as soon as possible. My heart is there. I’m a son of the soil of Abu Dhabi and I’ll come back, with the goodwill and the blessing of the royal family,” he told The National.

“I want to clear my name. I have my family there. I don’t want to die with any liability of a bad name.”

Mr Shetty first arrived in the UAE in 1973 and set up NMC Health two years later, which later grew to become the largest privately-owned healthcare operator in the UAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment