Tuesday 29 December 2020

Emirates ' President discusses retirement and the A380 fleet - Airline Ratings

Emirates ' President discusses retirement and the A380 fleet - Airline Ratings

Emirates President Sir Tim Clark


Emirates chief, Sir Tim Clark, says the airline industry will bounce back strongly and his airline is planning for that recovery.

In an exclusive two-part interview, Sir Tim outlines his thoughts. In the second part, to be published on Wednesday, December 30, Sir Tim talks about premium economy, the A380 saga, and the 777X.

AR: Is anyone surprised that you are still Emirates’ President?

Sir Tim Clark: I couldn’t really leave the bridge in such times. I was due to leave at the end of August, already two months late from the appointed date, my boss Sheikh Ahmed seemed quite surprised seeing me standing in front of him saying: ‘Well, I’m off now’. He answered: ‘Where are you going?’. I said: ‘I’m leaving now’. He replied: ‘Are you really? No, no, no. Perhaps you could stay some days longer?’. I could see it was difficult for him, so I agreed to stay on until some time next year. When the time is right I should step aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment